I want to get started with Android App Development. However, there are a few questions I have first:

• What is the primary programming language for development?
  • Where can I get the SDK?
  • Do I need an Android-Equipped Phone to test my Apps?
  • Where can I find their App Market (online) for consumers?
  • How do I join as a Developer? Is ther an age requirement?
  • Do they take payment cuts (take ~30-70% away from the money you make)
  • Does it cost $$$ to be a developer?
  • Finally, what should the total cost be for the SDK, possibly a different programming IDE, possibly an Android phone, and joining as a developer?

Feel free just to answer 1 or 2. If it matters, I am a one person worker for now and have no publisher.
Thanks ahead of time.

>>What is the primary programming language for development?
Java and XML (nothing special just to be able to set up some configurations and create property files that can be sometimes complicated with java - list of resources, variables, layouts etc.)

>>Where can I get the SDK?
Official Android Developers site

>>Do I need an Android-Equipped Phone to test my Apps?
Not really, provided customizable emulator is sufficient for start

>>Where can I find their App Market (online) for consumers?
Official Android Market, search on Google same term and you get even more sites

>>How do I join as a Developer? Is ther an age requirement?
Just start writing apps, for fun apps no age limits, for professional/employment depends on country minimal age of employment

>>Do they take payment cuts (take ~30-70% away from the money you make)
?????

>>Does it cost $$$ to be a developer?
Yes/No, mostly time

>>Finally, what should the total cost be for the SDK, possibly a different programming IDE, possibly an Android phone, and joining as a developer?
SDK - free
IDE Eclipse-free, IntelliJ IDEA - comercial pricing be aware community version doesn't support Android development, or you can take any IDE and use ANT task to deal you with project structure and operations
Android phone - not necessary but welcome
Joining as a developer - sound like you are either child or student, but if you can impress and get the job obviously you need to be of the age, else joining developer communities online or local meetups is free

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.