Hello i just started to use Ionic and i have some questions. First of all i downloaded an existing ionic project on GitHub to start. I do these commands and works fine.

$ git clone https://github.com/srinivastamada/ionic-restful-authentication.git
$ cd ionic-restful-authentication
$ npm install
$ ionic serve

The project starts at localhost:8100 as wanted. I understand that the files are on a cloud and the database too, right? When i download the files how can i use them so i may do some changes? I Mean i type in commands on NODE.JS command prompt?

The tutorial says that uses PHP-Restful-Api https://github.com/srinivastamada/PHP-Slim-Restful to connect to the database on XAMPP?
How do i connect the PHP-Slim-Restful to the Ionic Project?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

After i download the files on Github i put them on the htdocs folder on XAMPP and type localhost/ionic-restful-authentication/ to sow the output? Do i need some command on node.js command prompt? i mean i want to editthe files and watch my changes on localhost, how do i connect with PHP-Restful-Api?

Anyone?

Thanks Cereal i did and solved a lot. But i have two problems.

1. I deleted the records on the database and still when i open the app it is logged in as a registered user. Is it a cookies thing?

2. I am getting an infinite Please Wait when i make a new register as shown on the image i show you.

Hello SplitPane Provider
split-pane.ts:16:4
Angular is running in the development mode. Call enableProdMode() to enable the production mode.
core.js:3565
ionViewDidLoad Welcome
welcome.ts:29:4
Hello Common Provider
common.ts:14:4
Hello AuthService Provider
auth-service.ts:17:4
Native: tried calling StatusBar.styleDefault, but Cordova is not available. Make sure to include cordova.js or run in a device/simulator
util.js:60
Native: tried calling SplashScreen.hide, but Cordova is not available. Make sure to include cordova.js or run in a device/simulator
util.js:60
No access

Still getting an infinite Please wait
cordova_plugins.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
localhost/:15 The key "viewport-fit" is not recognized and ignored.
cordova_plugins.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
split-pane.ts:16 Hello SplitPane Provider
core.js:3565 Angular is running in the development mode. Call enableProdMode() to enable the production mode.
welcome.ts:30 ionViewDidLoad Welcome
util.js:60 Native: tried calling StatusBar.styleDefault, but Cordova is not available. Make sure to include cordova.js or run in a device/simulator
cordovaWarn @ util.js:60
util.js:60 Native: tried calling SplashScreen.hide, but Cordova is not available. Make sure to include cordova.js or run in a device/simulator
cordovaWarn @ util.js:60
common.ts:14 Hello Common Provider
auth-service.ts:15 Hello AuthServicePro Provider
home.ts:53 No access
ion-dev.js?v=3.1.2:120 Dev server logger closed
6livereload.js?snipver=1:74 WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhost:35729/livereload' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
exports.Connector.Connector.connect @ livereload.js?snipver=1:74
(anonymous) @ livereload.js?snipver=1:55
(anonymous) @ livereload.js?snipver=1:1152
t.invokeTask @ polyfills.js:3
r.runTask @ polyfills.js:3
e.invokeTask @ polyfills.js:3
i.isUsingGlobalCallback.invoke @ polyfills.js:3
n @ polyfills.js:3

Now i am getting these errors...

I'm sorry but cannot help here, I don't have experience with Angular & co.

I did a little research @cereal and i think the problem is here i am getting an error json.parse unexpected whitespace character after Json Data at line 1 column 2 of the json data

public authService: AuthService
  ) {
   ** const data = JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem("userData"));**
    this.userDetails = data.userData;
    this.userPostData.user_id = this.userDetails.user_id;
    this.userPostData.token = this.userDetails.token;
    this.userPostData.lastCreated = "";
    this.noRecords = false
    this.getFeed();
  }

You can't parse an array with Json.parse?

https://forum.ionicframework.com/t/show-login-data-on-another-page/112586/53
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21515583/json-parse-unexpected-non-whitespace-character-after-json-data-in-javascript

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.