I have been experiencing a load last solution loaded problem with VS2017 where it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn.t. Mostly it doesn't. After much research it that are a couple of things that can trigger this, but I can't verify it. I think it is a BUG intorduced by Microsoft. VS2010 nevehjad tyhis p[roblem, nor VS2015. Here's what I discovered:

1. If you don't make any changes to your project it won't automatically re-load it the next time, even thiough you told it to, requiring you to manually ask it to load.
  2. Some unknown possible quirk of VS2017.

I left Mocrosoft a feedback message, but no response.

Has anyone else noticed this? Also It seems Microsoft is skipping VS2018 and going straight to VS2019. What's up with that?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes. It appears to be non-fatal so my bet is it won't get much attention to be fixed. I've seen this on VS6.0 and VS2008 as well.
What do I do? Load the project I need to and get back to it.

For those of us who learned our craft in the 60s/70s, this kind of complaint mkes me both laugh and cry.

"When I was a kid we had to walk all the way across the living room to change the channel"

• Louie Anderson

@Paul. In regards to skipping VS2018 I have run into folk that want yearly versions. It's already bad enough dealing with how many versions from then to now? (See answer at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_Studio , it's a dozen versions.)

Microsoft seems to have settled into new versions every 2 years. No 2018 version seems to exist?

Thank you all. Just as I expected. Lets hope their next update or version will correct it.

Possibly, but I expect it will come with new bugs that will need correcting. Then again, Visual Studio has had a problem with templates since VS 2012. It's still there in VS 2017.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.