Hi DW.

I'm a bit confused and lost on how this App is working called Ha Tunnel Plus (You can check it on Playstore, and have a look on YouTube for the configuration file). Basically it somehow uses the internet connection of the server, it tunnels it to your Android device and you can be connected to the internet without having data on your mobile network sim card, but you can use internet just like you would normally do except that this is not limited on how much data you as a user is using.

I tried playing around with the bunch of source codes I found on github but they don't connect, so since I was trying to connect using on of the IP address that worked on Ha Tunnel Plus, I thought it would also work in my App but it didin't, and I thing that .hat configuration file is the certificate because I found some encrypted data but it just text.

In my case I want to be able to limit this internet access only to my App, also be able to dynamically change this so the entire phone can use it. I don't want a user to select the countries nor see it rather randomly do that at the background, but first thing first. for this kind is it reversing internet connetion or what? How does this work exactly because others I saw they work only if you have data otherwise it doesn't connect. Another that I saw from YouTube to be working is NPK Tunnel, TLS Injector. Anyone know how these Apps work?

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

To the last question, yes and no. My background included writing code for a router long ago. So let's dive in.

1. There is no magic here. To get data from the Internet without using your mobile network, then it has to be over WiFi, Bluetooth and in rare cases …
Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

To the last question, yes and no. My background included writing code for a router long ago. So let's dive in.

1. There is no magic here. To get data from the Internet without using your mobile network, then it has to be over WiFi, Bluetooth and in rare cases something else but for most it's WiFi.
  2. I'm not going to write a tutorial about "How VPNs Work" because that's done. If you had a more specific question we can kick that around.
  3. If a VPN fails, then we talk to the VPN PROVIDER.

Oh, wait, there's the magic word or phrase: "VPN PROVIDER." Not only must the data flow over some network (cellular/mobile/WiFi/Bluetooth) there must be some VPN SERVER out there that is reachable. Some VPN SERVERS are not. Example: Some in China, Iran, etc.

-> So for these to work:

1. There has to be a VPN Server that is working. (Not up to you!)
  2. There must be a path for the data to flow (WiFi, etc.)
  3. Maybe other factors as Android OS version. I don't expect Android OS 1.4 to work today.

Oh, wait, there's the magic word or phrase: "VPN PROVIDER." Not only must the data flow over some network (cellular/mobile/WiFi/Bluetooth) there must be some VPN SERVER out there that is reachable. Some VPN SERVERS are not. Example: Some in China, Iran, etc.

Yes I'm totally aware of this, I think my question is on how does it proceed transmitting the network packets to the VPN Server and vise verse where as the middle man (Cellular network operator) has terminated your connection to the internet. How does data continue to the VPN Server and also transmitted from VPN Server to this client cause that should be blocked since I don't have data.

I saw a lot of confusing VPN technologies that are used like IPSec, and others. This end up confusing because what I've seen is that this thing is divided, there's VPN and there's Tunneling, but they use both. For Ha Tunnel it sais it uses SSH2.0 and P2P and when it connect I think it check the connection with www.sshserver.com:22 and create a local host I think this is for communicating with the Tunnel server but the Forward DNS is alway No which means it doesn't forward.

I once saw can't recall weather it was a video or aticle that says for this to work you need to confuse the SSL by scrambling data and forward it to your wrong (correc) VPN server so it will try to correct this but by doing so trying to correct this it actually giving you the packets you are looking for. This was a bit confusing as there was no code showing this.

Let me test what I have so far and see if it will work or not.

commented: hello can i have a word with you h b c @ mail.com i will pay for your time sir thank you '.. joel +0

MR M ...
i would like to speak you " h b c @"mail.com plz i will pay for you time :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.