Hi, I am a beginner. I am trying to get a audio notification when the Android battery is full and low.

I understand the logic. As in, check battery status, then if battery_full run Android Media Player. I am trying to use it for my home needs. This is the MainActivity.java I have

package me.adminweb.batterydost;

import androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity;

import android.content.Intent;
import android.media.MediaPlayer;
import android.os.BatteryManager;
import android.os.Bundle;

public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity {

@Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);

// Are we charging / charged?

int status = batteryStatus.getIntExtra(BatteryManager.EXTRA_STATUS, -1);
        boolean isCharging = status == BatteryManager.BATTERY_STATUS_CHARGING ||
                status == BatteryManager.BATTERY_STATUS_FULL;

// How are we charging?
        int chargePlug = batteryStatus.getIntExtra(BatteryManager.EXTRA_PLUGGED, -1);
        boolean usbCharge = chargePlug == BatteryManager.BATTERY_PLUGGED_USB;
        boolean acCharge = chargePlug == BatteryManager.BATTERY_PLUGGED_AC;

if(status == BatteryManager.BATTERY_STATUS_FULL){

//Play sound using Android MediaPlayer

MediaPlayer mediaPlayer = MediaPlayer.create(context, R.raw.batteryfull);
            mediaPlayer.start(); // no need to call prepare(); create() does that for you
        }

Looks like I am missing a few things. I know @Dani through another forum. So thought of seeking help here. Would be nice if you can help me build this app. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This has been accomplished thousands of times but it's more than 34 lines long so let's find a current code source for 2023.
Read Android-Battery-Alarm
Full source, ready for you to examine and modify.

Thanks, got it :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.