Hi! I developed an application that shows pictures in vb6 program. A pice of cake. I don´t want to deal with zooming and scrolling so I would like to sent it to the windows fax and picture viewer but I can´t find it.

Any hint ...

QuijoteMx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you think I could use it in my program? If yes, could you give me a hint?
Thanks ...

I don't know how to use COM in VB... Sorry.

I think that you can go to the installed components dialogue and requisition it... (but again, I haven't seen VB in years).

use the shell() function to run windows programs in your application.

Hi! I developed an application that shows pictures in vb6 program. A pice of cake. I don´t want to deal with zooming and scrolling so I would like to sent it to the windows fax and picture viewer but I can´t find it.

Any hint ...

QuijoteMx

fire this API from ur code :- (declare it in the general section of ur form)

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

use this approach to open the file content with the default application :-

ShellExecute Me.hwnd, "Open", "c:\windows\clouds.bmp", "", "", vbNormalFocus

replace the RED marked portion with path of the picture file you wish to open. the api will send it to the default application registered in windows registry. in most cases it opens the pic in paint but if it configured with windows picture & fax viewer then it will open the pic with it.

hope this will work

regards
Shouvik

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.