can anyone help me on how to create or to set a username and password for my ms-access 2003 database and how can i save or set that username and password in ADO control so that i can edit that database in my vb project without opening that database in ms-access?...

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Please check for the connection string here

Jai what exactly is the problem?? i could probably help if you state the exact problem you have.

can i save or set that username and password in ADO control so that i can edit that database in my vb project without opening that database in ms-access?...

yes, you can..
you just do some update with your program.
are u already to save or edit data??
show us how far your code work.

tnx for your replies.
i already have the code like update, edit, addNew... i just wanted to know how can i set a username and password on my msaccess and conect it to the ado control...

to set password for your access database(from ms-access) :-

Tools->Security->Set Database Password

to configure the ADODC control :-
right click (on control)>-properties-> In general tab select use connection string->click build->select Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider->next->click ... to locate ur db->now uncheck blank password and mention ur db pwd->username always be "Admin"->click Test Connection to confirm.

now go to Authentication tab ->mention "Admin" as username and pwd->go to recordsource tab->select adcmdtable from commandtype dropdown list.
now u can select ur desire table.

to set password for your access database(from ms-access) :-

Tools->Security->Set Database Password

to configure the ADODC control :-
right click (on control)>-properties-> In general tab select use connection string->click build->select Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider->next->click ... to locate ur db->now uncheck blank password and mention ur db pwd->username always be "Admin"->click Test Connection to confirm.

now go to Authentication tab ->mention "Admin" as username and pwd->go to recordsource tab->select adcmdtable from commandtype dropdown list.
now u can select ur desire table.

tnx man...! :) ill go and try this when i go home.. tnxxxxxxxxx....

you are welcome and don't forget to come back with your feedback.

well as far as i can see you just mentioned the database file name which is not enough.
mention the complete physical path of your db file or select it by clicking on the ellipse button.

and make sure you have selected the correct provider.
in case of yours it should be Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

i selected corect provider w/c is Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 and it has a corect path for the filename, but still.. its searching for the WORK GROUP information and its missing.. thnx anywayz for your help...

well my friend as far as I know the procedure which I provided to you is 100% correct. Seems you are facing problem by your OS. Try re-installing the OS and then re-try the steps. Make sure you donot select the workgroup option while installing windows when it will ask you for the network administration.

Or,
Can it be possible for you to upload your project so that somebody can check it out in his/her local server and suggest you the appropriate solution?

Waiting for your answer.

Regards
Shouvik

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.