can anyone here can help me?
i only want a simple program which is the user must enter the right serial number before enter into my program...
im using VB 2005 and using PDA application (mobile pocket PC)
plez help me....
i only want the simple code....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

can anyone here can help me?
i only want a simple program which is the user must enter the right serial number before enter into my program...
im using VB 2005 and using PDA application (mobile pocket PC)
plez help me....
i only want the simple code....

The simplest, but also easiest to break would be a input textbox form with a simple validator. Then hard code your unlock or license in your code. The problem is, that if you hard code it, the install code can be passed around.

On the other hand, if you use some time of lock to the PDA or mobile device, you have less of a chance of your unlock codes working on other PDA's or mobile devices.

Pseudo code:

If IsNumeric(Input.text) Then
Input.text = "12345"
Run program Else
MsgBox("Invalid Code")

You can use an integer and loop to count how many times they try and enter the code, unsuccessfully and lock the program and close it for a time, or have the contact you by phone for an unlock to run the program again. You could also build a code generator by using the registrant's name and payment date, or any other variable to generate a unique unlock code.

You could build a dll and create a web page for unlocking your program by the user entering their payment information, name etc.

There are so many options. There are also programs, quite affordable, if you're goal is to thwart piracy like Moonsoft's VBOLock. Works in .NET Framework, ASP, PHP, VB. C# and most other Microsoft technologies.

There is also Infralution solution's out of Australia. Both work quite well for a third party licencing schema. You could also look at encryption and licensing solutions technology from Microsoft on the MSDN developers websites.

You can also checkout CryptoLicensing
It does all that you need.
Simple to integrate, supports mobile pocket PC, can code using VB 2005

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.