hey,

is it possible to make a python program that could interact with internet, for example
a program that could make a search on google. If it is possible then how could i do that?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

A web browser is better suited for such, but please search the global module index, there will be something in there for you.

i would also be interested in something like this.

John i had tried something like this a while ago.
I USED Urllib to retrieve the html code of a given search results page supplied by me.
However with all the other links like advertising and such in the html code i was unabke to determine the top 10 links as listed on the page.

Might be a place you could get started maybe. sorry i cannot help more.

If anyone does have anymore info on this i would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Yet again, Not a python coder, Just crusing around on the python fourms.

But if I was going to attempt to do somthing as such I would be looking at how to do a HTTP GET request good looking artical here and also look at how you would parse your HTML perhaps using regular epressions explained here

Anyhow hope this helps somehow

John i had tried something like this a while ago.
I USED Urllib to retrieve the html code of a given search results page supplied by me.
However with all the other links like advertising and such in the html code i was unabke to determine the top 10 links as listed on the page.

I think you will have to have a look at the surrounding tages for each link. If you have a look at google you will notice that all sponsored links are in a sepirate div tags. The best way to tackle this may be to do say 12 separate seraches on google that return sponsors then chuck them into diff see what changes and what is similar about the pages.

found something awesome;

import webbrowser
file = 'any media or html/xml file you like.extension' 
webbrowser.open('%s' % file)

hey, thanks for those answers, but i already have another question for you:D

how can i make a python program that could press a button or login on some website?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.