Hi,

I am creating an information system with a database and table which contains 4 fields ( shopid, catergoryid, name and floor) The idea is that when the user selects a checkbox, it displays all shops with the relevant catID, so for example, cat 1 = major stores, if chkMajorStores is seelcted, the listbox updates itself with a multicolumn display of all matching shops with catid 1(ID, name and floor - category is irrelevant in the display, but i think i can hide that using column width somehow?)

Also multiple checkboxes can be selected.

I have looked at listbox and listviews and cant really find any code to get me started... I did manage to get a connection and display the shop names only, however i'd prefer to hard code it into my system and learn what i am doing.

Any ideas or alternative solutions? Do i need to create queries in Access?

Contributor
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Fritzeh

Ok I have thought about it and ended up using a datagridview.. But i am still unsure about how i can display the required rows.

The idea is:

checkedlistbox has options selected, somehow i assign each box to a a number 1-10. if box 1.selected = true then datagridview displays relevant rows by matching selected value with column CatID.

Any ideas? Maybe im better off using seperate check boxes or buttons?

Please help.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.