Hi everyone,
I am doing a simple compression program in which the application uncompresses the file to a selected folder. The thing is that the file that is being compressed already exists in that folder. What i need is someone to show me a way in whic the file is still extracted to that same folder but instead of using the file's original name which is say cars.txt
the program now when extracting that program calls the same file with the name copy_1_of_cars.txt thus in the folder thaere should be two files named
cars.txt and copy_1_of_cars.txt without the second file overing the first file but justs renames itself. Can someone show me a way how this can be done or e-mail me a way of how this can be done.

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

I assume you mean to do this in Java? I don't quite understandy your question. Please explain it again.

Ed

Hi everyone,
I am doing a simple compression program in which the application uncompresses the file to a selected folder. The thing is that the file that is being compressed already exists in that folder. What i need is someone to show me a way in whic the file is still extracted to that same folder but instead of using the file's original name which is say cars.txt
the program now when extracting that program calls the same file with the name copy_1_of_cars.txt thus in the folder thaere should be two files named
cars.txt and copy_1_of_cars.txt without the second file overing the first file but justs renames itself. Can someone show me a way how this can be done or e-mail me a way of how this can be done.

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.