i have got to write a program to read a set of program n print out the average.
it will start by prompting the user for the number of numbers to be read and will then prompt for the individual numbers with a prompt such as Enter Number 23 to indicate to thr user which data item is currently being entered.now all that is easy but i have to do something special when prompting for the last number.here is what io have done but am unable to include the special thing for the last number have tried to put it in the loop an its displaying me 6 time the cout<<"enter the last number".i have written this program the way my lecturer has teach us.here is the program

// program to read set of number and print out their average
#include<iostream.h>
#include<conio.h>

void main()
{
clrscr();

int i,n,x,sum;
float average;

cout<<"Enter the number of numbers to be read"<<endl;
         cin>>n;

sum=0;
for(i=1;i<=n;i++)
{
         cout<<"Enter number"<<endl;
         cin>>x;

sum=sum+x;  }

average=sum/n;

cout<<"the average of the numbers is"<<average<<endl;

getch();

}

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you need to use an if statement in there to compare i and n,
if (i==n)
cout<<"Enter Last"<<endl;
else
cout<<"Enter Next"<<endl;

note the == in c/c++/java/javascript is a comparision if you had a single = it would assign i to n not compare.

>i have written this program the way my lecturer has teach us.
You have my sympathy, your lecturer is a moron and clearly doesn't know enough to be teaching.

>i have written this program the way my lecturer has teach us.
You have my sympathy, your lecturer is a moron and clearly doesn't know enough to be teaching.

you are a funny man, when do you actually help..... :twisted:

I have to agree the romanian girl has spelling problems with the english language, but I had to order my sausage and egg Burger King breakfast three times before the lady knew what I was talking about, this morning and that was in euston london..

also I am shit at english and do not believe it is a core part of writing application code, as most of the books I have read were reference guides. apart from "the story of O" of course....

stay safe.... ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.