Hi All
I am developing a application n having a serious problem.
Think we have opened some running applications like text document and after a particaular time i want to autosave data from that application at a default path.Pls try to solve me this problem

Thanks in Advance

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Unless that other application has an API that you can access, you can't make it save itself - it is a separate program.

Sorry i didnt get ur reply...
Will u plz tell me how can i complete my task
I m repeting my question
Think on button click all task managers running applications should save on given default path using java...........

Thanks

Sorry i didnt get ur reply...
Will u plz tell me how can i complete my task
I m repeting my question
Think on button click all task managers running applications should save on given default path using java...........

OR on shutdown all running apllications should autosave on default path using java

Thanks

actuall i m new in java so plz give me some idea how cn i solve my problem

Please explain in detail what exactly you are trying to accomplish, and we can be of better assistance.

And I'm repeating my answer. I have already stated that you cannot do that with Java unless the application has a public API that allows you to make such calls like "save". Java can't just make other programs that are running do things arbitrarily.

If you have further questions, make the effort to actually write them in English instead of "text-speak" abbreviations if you want an answer. If you can't take time to write a question properly then you shouldn't expect others to take the time to respond.

Thanks blufab

Actually i want to develop a application, when we shut down the machine,all runnning applications should autosave at a default path using java language
I am new in java technology,plz send me some related source code

Thanks in advance

Sorry Ezzaral

I am new in java technology ,can you send me some related source code in which API is using

Thanks

Hello everyone i am developin an application for conducting audio visual perception experiments....in which subjects listen to audio or video files and type in the answers for the questions.....my task now is to save the results....each experiment will be taken by many subjects and so i need to save results of each subject for differant experiments and results of each experiment taken by diff subjects...can someone please help me with this?

Well structured database would be beneficial

PS: Bumping old post is not best idea, you should have created new thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.