Dear friends,
In VB.NET... How to write coding "Form Text characters move slowly right to left using of Timer"? Please help me and solve my doubt.

Yours,

Vijaykumaran

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This code will display scroling text from left to right in Label.
First set timer Enable = True.
try this following code :

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
      label1.Text = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Right _
        (label1.Text, 1) & Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left _
        (label1.Text, Len(label1.Text) - 1)
    End Sub

I don't like to correct anyone but you need to get away from vb6. To do it the net way

TextBox1.Text = TextBox1.Text.Substring(1) & TextBox1.Text.Substring(0, 1)

The first pram is the starting index (0 being the first character). If you omit the second pram then the rest of the string is used. So if the string is "012345" then TextBox1.Text.Substring(1) will return "12345".
The second pram is the length of what you want. In this case the second part Substring(0,1) is getting the first character. It will move the first character to the end of the string.

I'm not good at explaining but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

If you want something cool, do this to the title bar and look at the task bar. You can do this to show what is happening in your program even it the application is not showing.

Me.Text = Me.Text.Substring(1) & Me.Text.Substring(0, 1)
commented: thank you +7

I don't like to correct anyone but you need to get away from vb6. To do it the net way

The first pram is the starting index (0 being the first character). If you omit the second pram then the rest of the string is used. So if the string is "012345" then TextBox1.Text.Substring(1) will return "12345".
The second pram is the length of what you want. In this case the second part Substring(0,1) is getting the first character. It will move the first character to the end of the string.

If you want something cool, do this to the title bar and look at the task bar. You can do this to show what is happening in your program even it the application is not showing.

Thank you for corrected me...
My post is fully vb6 concept. hope to learn much from you :)
Great friend.

This code will display scroling text from left to right in Label.
First set timer Enable = True.
try this following code :

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
      label1.Text = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Right _
        (label1.Text, 1) & Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left _
        (label1.Text, Len(label1.Text) - 1)
    End Sub

Dear Friend,
Thank you so much for answered my question and solved my doubt. Your code is working well and I am happy.

Yours,

Vijaykumaran

Dear Friend,
Thank you so much for answered my question and solved my doubt. Your code is working well and I am happy.

Yours,

Vijaykumaran

you're welcome...
don't forget mark this thread solved :)

how to make it moving from left to right?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.