Hi,
I am a VB.net greenhorn so my problem might seem trivial but for me it is getting to be a Herculean and confusing task. :sad:
My problem is that I am making a project where the user has to give a quiz where he/she has the choice of number of questions and time limit which can be in hours, minutes or seconds depending on three respective textboxes. (00 for hours if only limit in minutes is needed etc).when the quiz starts, the time countdowns from the user entere values to 00:00:00.
The question part I can handle, but this time part in VB.net is the problem.
Please someone rescue me! I shall be eternally grateful :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What is the problem, exactly? Having trouble converting the numbers into a time?

no! How to use the timer to count down from the given time. if the user says that he wants to take 2 hrs,7 minutes and 59 seconds to complete the quiz ,the timer should start from 2:07:59 and countdown to 00:00:00.That's what. I'm at my wits end here.Pleeez help!!

Convert the time into seconds, then into milliseconds, and use the Timer control.

That, my friend,is mathematical and correct yet not the solution .But thanks a million for ur concern. :-)

anyways cud u help me on this one? when i try to output a particular value to a label ,all inside a loop, the value in the label comes out as the final value and not the subsequent values that should appear with each loop execution?????!!!!!!!!!!

if u use a loop definitely u'll get only the last value...but u can write the code in a timer event

I tried exactly that but to no avail.
But Thanx!!

Can anyone tell me how to connect a form in vb.net to use an MS-Access database

i need counter in my form in vb.net

if user click button then appear number of click in label
example :

if Admin need to add person appear in label (Number of Customer is 1)

if Admin need to add another person appear in label (Number of Customer is 2)

i need code for that pleas

I tried exactly that but to no avail.
But Thanx!!

Can anyone tell me how to connect a form in vb.net to use an MS-Access database

Use Microsoft ASP.Net web Matrix to generate the code and connect in MS-Access database or another Database

just install the software and click in label code and generate your code

no! How to use the timer to count down from the given time. if the user says that he wants to take 2 hrs,7 minutes and 59 seconds to complete the quiz ,the timer should start from 2:07:59 and countdown to 00:00:00.That's what. I'm at my wits end here.Pleeez help!!

Set timer to 1000 intervals which is equivalent to 1 sec. Then in each tick event reduce the seconds by one, when seconds = 0, reduce minutes by one and reset seconds to 60. When minutes = 0 reduce, hours by one, reset minutes and seconds to 60. This should work man.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.