peroberg 0 Newbie Poster

Question ONE
I have on and off been using Basic, now VB since “the stone age” long before Microsoft and Windows. However it is only now I enter the issue of using VB6 and a database. I use VB6-ADO-ACCESS plus using DataGrid as the main view to see the database. I use 5 tables with some info in one table to be used in another. Hope it is OK to ask few questions but will put them one by one:

1. How do I put new data into the DataGrid using the software? In runtime one can type in data to the DataGrid, but I want to get info from one form and then put it using my software into a given column for the active (selected) row in the DataGrid. (I have noted that if I have a textbox connected to the database via ADO then by typing a text in runtime this also becomes visible in the DataGrid – however if I send a string from another form into the same textbox the DataGrid does not update. ) Please note that this issue is connected to a column which is getting its values from another table. If I run the database in ACCESS itself then I automatically get a dropdownoption to select from the other form, but not when using datagrid. One more thing: I have info from more than one column in the other table that I want to come into the first table – and do it so that they stay connected, i.e. comes from the same row in the second table. Hope you understood this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.