I am currently using Dev C++ program for the program I write in. I was wondering if there are any free download programs out there that are a text editor? I mean by giving it a black background, certain key words are highlighted to different colors? I know there is one like it for another program, Visual Studios I believe. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Which Dev are you using?

I believe I'm using v4.9 and I always give myself a--

>Black Background
>Green text
>Red paranthesis/brackets
>Yellow Hexadecimal/Octal

etc...

I think you just need to go to your environment options to make the edits.

Edit: Go to your Editor options and go to Syntax - you can make the changes there.

Which Dev are you using?

I believe I'm using v4.9 and I always give myself a--

>Black Background
>Green text
>Red paranthesis/brackets
>Yellow Hexadecimal/Octal

etc...

I think you just need to go to your environment options to make the edits.

Edit: Go to your Editor options and go to Syntax - you can make the changes there.

Oh wow, thanks so much!

One more question, does anyone know how to get Dev C++ to stop deleting the next character space when using space or typing something in? I want it to space over instead of delete and write over.

One more question, does anyone know how to get Dev C++ to stop deleting the next character space when using space or typing something in? I want it to space over instead of delete and write over.

There is a toggle key on your keyboard labelled 0 INS. If you hit it once, your keyboard will behave as you are asking for, char will be inserted. Hit it twice and your keyboard overwrites next char again.

krs,
tesu

thankyou tesuji worked for me dell n 5010 model

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.