Hey. The title displays the error and i was just wondering how i could fix it. Thanks!

#include "resource.h"

IDR_MYMENU MENU
BEGIN
    POPUP "&File"
    BEGIN
        MENUITEM "E&xit", ID_FILE_EXIT
    END

POPUP "&Stuff"
    BEGIN
        MENUITEM "&Go", ID_STUFF_GO
        MENUITEM "G&o somewhere else", 0, GRAYED
    END
END

IDI_MYICON ICON "menu_one.ico"

I'm not sure what language that is, but its not C or C++, unless the contents of "resource.h" happen to be an extremely nasty set of macros and #define statements.

If we knew what was inside resource.h. we might be able to give a better answer

I'm not sure what language that is, but its not C or C++, unless the contents of "resource.h" happen to be an extremely nasty set of macros and #define statements.

If we knew what was inside resource.h. we might be able to give a better answer

That is a resource file that defines MS-Window GUI resources such as menu, dialog boxes, etc. resource.h just contains define's for integers that are used in the resource file and elsewhere in the c++ code. Resource files are compiled with resource compilers, not c++ compilers.

1. There could be a missing semicolon in resource.h if he didn't use all #define macros, and declared something like "long something" in it. It would look weird, but there still could be one.

2. Take a look. His error is "3 C:\Dev-Cpp\lolLOLlol.cpp expected `,' or `;' before numeric constant". C:\Dev-Cpp\ is Dev-C++'s default installation directory. That must mean he's using it right? Also, I'm not saying that a C++ compiler could do that. I'm just saying that he must have an error in resource.h or something.

I will agree that resource.h might contain some crap that the resource compiler doesn't understand. Only the op can know that, and he has posted nothing about it. The *.h file could be just missing the // for start of comment. But since we're just guessing, there is no point discussing this any more.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.