Hi ,
I want to program an assembly program that can manage multiprograming . a code that can execute two sub programs together. I want the source code if it is possible. if not please mention about the interrupt. Please Please Help Me. I need it. Please.
<SNIP>

Hi ,
I want to program an assembly program that can manage multiprograming . a code that can execute two sub programs together. I want the source code if it is possible. if not please mention about the interrupt. Please Please Help Me. I need it. Please.
<SNIP>

what family of processor are you using and which assembler?
later
jfl

the only processor that i know of that could do what you ask without interrupts was the PDP-8 which had a skip instruction , allowing one to embed two routines in the same inline code. rather a messy way of coding and not recognized as a well structured programming technique.
however, using determinate finite state machine design with timers, class of service tables, and prioritization of messaging between processes should perform what you want without interrupts. you just have to design in self wait states while another process runs its next instruction set then relinquishes control to your FSM operating system. these are not hard but do take some structured design. incidentally this method also allows for FSM machine tracking for testing with a simple technique and allows for advanced verification through multiple modeling.

here is an old copy of 80c186 code it is a hybrid of C++, C, and assembly language. which contains an example of what i am talking about, this is not the actual commercially released code for the robot it was designed for. but does have a lot of the aspects of a true FSM operating system and its use.
later
jfloder@hotmail

Hi ,
<SNIP>

Have you resolved this issue? if not here is what yuou need. i sent some sample code in c sometime back. the thing you need to do is provide a programmer level timer with mailboxes for delivery to the processes and interleave the execution of the different FSM machines, thus interleaving the code. think parallel processes.
for further discussion leave me a not e on daniweb only(site rules)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.