I'm a IT newbie...one day a CST student asked me whether there is any way to write something at a particular location or not.....so am forwarding it to you all. Please guys help me..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well that depends.
Your average desktop doesn't allow you to just invent memory addresses and let you scribble all over it.

Your average desktop doesn't allow you to just invent memory addresses and let you scribble all over it.

See Salem my problem is not to generate memory address and write into it. Problem is to write at a particular given location. Would "asm" modifier be helpful in this case ?

In MS-Windows and *nix operating systems a program can only write to memory that it ownes. The old MS-DOS days are gone forever, so writing to specific memory addresses as it was possible in MS-DOS 6.X and earlier is just no longer possible. And assembly would be of no value for this either.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.