I am pretty new to programming. I am writing a fairly small and simple trivia program. It will be my 5th program to date. My biggest problem is how to add a list of Q/A.

The program has 2 functions that handle the trivia part of the game. The 1st is a list of all the questions, answers, and question types. I wrote a small program (shown below) to create that function more me. That will allow me to easily adjust the size of my game at any time.

Now I need a way to add the 3 values of each question to. I have spent most of yesterday and today looking for a way to do this. Please somebody help me. What function do I need to use?

I posted on another forum. I got one responce, told me that get.line() might do what I need. I already know how to read a string. What I need is a way to tell my program what string to read, and where to write it.

I hope I made my problem clear. If there is anything I left out, or made unclear I will be happy to try and clear it up. Please help me. I am at a complete stand still here.

Thank you for taking to time to read this. I do hope you will be able to help

#include <fstream>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  int x;
  int y;

ofstream a_file ( "list.cpp", ios::app );

a_file<<"void list() \n{\n\nstring word2;\n\n";

for ( x = 0; x < 4;x++ ) {
    for ( y = 0; y < 4; y++ )

a_file<< "    if ((x == " << x << ") && (y ==" << y << "))\n    {"
    << "\n        string word2 = question(,,,); \n    }\n\n";

}
a_file.close();

}

What you are doing is a very aukward and poor design. I think you are approaching this all wrong. why not just use dynamic arrays, such as std::vector, which can contain as many i78tems as you want without resorting to rewriting the function and recompiling the program every time.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.