I don't think this qualifies as cheating on homework.

I am making a Java applet that will input the name of a teacher at our school and output their schedule. When I say schedule, I mean the times they teach and what classes they teach, and where they teach them. I wanted to have 2 classes: a Teacher class and a Course class. Ideally, I'd like to store two giant CSV files on the server alongside the class files that I would be able to import into the applet to make a giant array/arraylist of Courses and Teachers rather than say, hard coding the array into the applet.

This is how I planned to make my constructors:

public class Teacher{
    public Teacher(String sLastName, String sFirstName, int nBlock1, int nBlock2,...int nBlock8){
    }
}

public class Course{
    public Course(int nCourseNumber, String sName, boolean bLong){
    }
}

I don't know how to do file input/output though. Everything I see on Google is for client file input, but all I want to do is import some data from the server. How do I do this?

I don't think this qualifies as cheating on homework.

I am making a Java applet that will input the name of a teacher at our school and output their schedule. When I say schedule, I mean the times they teach and what classes they teach, and where they teach them. I wanted to have 2 classes: a Teacher class and a Course class. Ideally, I'd like to store two giant CSV files on the server alongside the class files that I would be able to import into the applet to make a giant array/arraylist of Courses and Teachers rather than say, hard coding the array into the applet.

This is how I planned to make my constructors:

public class Teacher{
    public Teacher(String sLastName, String sFirstName, int nBlock1, int nBlock2,...int nBlock8){
    }
}

public class Course{
    public Course(int nCourseNumber, String sName, boolean bLong){
    }
}

I don't know how to do file input/output though. Everything I see on Google is for client file input, but all I want to do is import some data from the server. How do I do this?

i think you dont have to do two class,,one class is enough..

public class Schedule{
public static void main (String args[]){

}

public static String Teacher ((String sLastName, String sFirstName, int nBlock1, int nBlock2,...int nBlock8){

return;

}

public static String Course(int nCourseNumber, String sName, boolean bLong){

}

return;

}

if you do it like this,,your main method will just call those methods,,,but it is still up to you..

Comments
Extremely poor advice. You have a lot to learn yet on using Java correctly.

That is probably the worst suggestion you could make for this. Separate classes is appropriate design for this. Just because Java will let you create a procedural program by stuffing everything into static methods and variables doesn't mean it's the correct way to use the language.

Edited 3 Years Ago by happygeek: fixed formatting

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.