OK, I have decided to download wxPython and Python2.6 .
But I am confused which kind from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718&package_id=10559&release_id=629662

I am running winXp Pro, and MAC OS X 10.5 .
I don't know which win to choose, 32 or 64, and ansi or unicode?
Also, osx ansi or unicode?
And where does the 'universal' fit in?

Also, does "wxPython2.8-osx-unicode-2.8.9.1-universal-py2.6.dmg" mean that it also includes pthon 2.6 ?. Or does it mean that it goes with (is a match for) py2.6 ?.

Thanks All !
...Vern

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

32 or 64 means is your processor a 32 bits or a 64 bits. If you don't know, it's most certainly a 32 bits. ansi or unicode. I don't know if this is a reference to wxpython or to your OS. I think you should choose osx-unicode. The package does not include python 2.6. It's only compatible with python 2.6. You must install python2.6 before. Be careful that on some systems (like linux), python comes with your distribution and is used by system programs, so you should not change your system's python. You can probably install a second version of python but I'm not sure that automated tools which install wx will be able to see that you have different versions of python installed.

Just use Unicode version if you are not sure of what you are doing!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.