hi i have an error here could somebody know or expirence this before plss help..

this error enclude dll and i have the site now. this is the link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248055

i already put the dll in the said folder and already installed mdac.

plss any has expirence this .plss help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Quoting from the link:

After the installation, the following files should be present on the target system in the indicated folders:
<windows system>\Msdbrptr.dll
<program files>\Common Files\Designers\Msderun.dll
<windows system>\Msstdfmt.dll
The inclusion of Msdbrptr.dll (and its dependent files) typically corrects this problem. If you are still experiencing problems, make sure that the following files are included in your package:
Msdatrep.ocx
Msbind.dll
Data Reports do not directly depend on these files. However, if the files are missing, this can affect the Data Environment that is used by your report.

NOTE: If your application must have the Msdatsrc.tlb file, do not explicitly include this file because Msdatsrc.tlb is installed as part of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) upgrade.

---
So there is more than one DLL that needs to be on the target system. The last note even mentions a file that you might need, but that you are not supposed to copy as it comes with an MDAC upgrade.

I wonder if you could just get the MDAC upgrade and your problems would just go away.

hi... i already paste the required dll, that I downloaded in the said path..
and i already download and installed the MDAC. but theirs an error still.

i follow the said installation path but i wonder where i get an error...

any much... explanation and exp this..
i truly need help so plsss kindly suggest an any ways....

thxx

First, just to confirm: You shouldn't see this problem at all on the system where you developed the applicaiton. The error should be occuring on a target system where you are attempting to run your application. Correct?

Second, the corrective actions (DLLs, MDAC) are being performed on the target system. Correct?

When the list below mentions <windows system> it is referring to the system directory underneath the target system's windows directory. When it mentions <program fiels> it is referring to where the target system stores installed programs. (This last one is almost always C:\Program Files, but the windows installation directory moves around more.)

So you are confirming that all of the files mentioned are installed on the target system?

<windows system>\Msdbrptr.dll
<program files>\Common Files\Designers\Msderun.dll
<windows system>\Msstdfmt.dll
<windows system>\Msdatrep.ocx
<windows system>\Msbind.dll

If the above is true and the application still does not work on the target system, copy the files targeted to <windows system> to <windows system32> (if the target system has one) as well:

<windows system32>\Msdbrptr.dll
<windows system32>\Msstdfmt.dll
<windows system32>\Msdatrep.ocx
<windows system32>\Msbind.dll

Does this help at all?

can u plz upload the files to check?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.