hello everybody,
I am installing some (~10y old) research software which must have been using vb4, because when I started installing it failed because it was looking for vb40016.dll (got that) than oc25.dll (got that one too), and then PUSHHELP.VBX.
This is where I got stuck, there a lot of references online to pushhelp.vbx, but as an ERROR. Although it is listed as a small file of 25k, I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere.

I tried to install vb4 runtime libraries on this laptop (running XP media) but that pushhelp file is still not on my pc.

I tried to install vb3, hoping that maybe pushhelp would have been installed by that one already, but no luck. Currently emule-ing vb4, but it may never finish to download; also I wonder if this is really the way to go (since vb3 did not solve my problem. - OK pushhelp maybe a file which is only found in vb4, this is what I do not know).

Any Idea of what celse ould be my next step? bear in mind that there is a distint possibility that after I find pushhelp, the installer may look for another file.. this is why I installed the vb4 runtime libraries, but obviously that was not enough.

many thanks in advance,
berillio

sorry, I meant to do so, but I have been looking up and down the forums so many times that I lost where ai was.... can you move the posting or shall I just cut and paste it in the proper forum?

i'll post it again, asking the moderators to remove this one from here..

and THANKS for pointing me on the right forum..

Yes, this is a wrong forum :)

That file does not seem to be available for download by itself.

A few things to try
- who did that program originally? Does the company still exists? If it does, ask them for the file(s)
- try to find another VB4 program which uses pushhelp.vbx
- do you really need to use the program or do you have some data for/from that program? If you only need to open some data file, with a little luck it may be in a textual format and you can get the data from the file with some other application

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.