Hey

In VS, you can in a struct do:

struct test{
int tes;
}tt;

then when I put tt., it would display the all fields in a tooltip which in this case would display tes. Is "IntelliSense" (I know it is not called that) in wxDev-C++?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey

In VS, you can in a struct do:

struct test{
int tes;
}tt;

then when I put tt., it would display the all fields in a tooltip which in this case would display tes. Is "IntelliSense" (I know it is not called that) in wxDev-C++?

It's called code completion/class browsing in wxDev-C++. See Tools/Editor Options/Class browsing.

It's called code completion/class browsing in wxDev-C++. See Tools/Editor Options/Class browsing.

It is enabled and it doesnt seem to work. Could you write a quick code example which works for you so I can test it out? I thought my example worked but maybe it doesnt.

It is enabled and it doesnt seem to work. Could you write a quick code example which works for you so I can test it out? I thought my example worked but maybe it doesnt.

struct test
{
    int completion;
};

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    test code;
    code // <- type in a . and a list displaying 
         // 'Variable int completion' should appear
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

That works for me, I'm trying out the 7.0 RC3 version.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.