Hi everyone...

Iam new to VB, i want to know whether we have thread option in VB if so how can v implement that(Sample codes are appreciated). Right now iam using sleep but that ll not make it effecient so i need to implement thread concept...

Scenerio:

Iam working in setup creation using VB6, in that i need to invoke certain exe files by clicking Install CommandButton. After installing, the commandbutton should be disabled and UnInstall CommandButton should enabled. Moreover 2 or more exe files may invoke by a single click, thats y i think to call thread for each exe....

Will it work? How can i solve this??

Thanks in advance... Sample codes are appreciated...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Threading is something that comes with VB.NET.

If I got it right, you're using VB6, which does not have "built-in" threading. Re-post your question to DaniWeb's VB6 forum. I'm sure you'll get an answer from there. I don't also think you'll need threading in a setup application.

Thanks for the reply tene64 ...

I want to know how can i make a process wait untill a prior process completes its execution in vb6....????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.