Hello everyone,

i need your advise if i can get the Computer Serial number with using the Excel VBA

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Yes. You can... "Engineer Saleh"

So, I can't help but notice you have vaingloriously put the professional title "engineer" in your name

I wonder, have you earned that right by passing a core competency professional exam or working for several years as a professional in the field?

if so, you'll have to pardon my skepticism.

jephthan,

I thought about flagging your post but then I thought I would share a story with you, but who knows, someone else might come along and flag it...

When I was working with a unnamed company, they hired a guy nearly strait out of college at nearly double the amount of pay I was recieving. No prob, he had all the right initials after his name but come to find out he could not program in VB or any of the C varients worth a lick. Not saying that he could not get the job done EVENTUALLY, but his experience was nearly null. It seems that his education was more in the theory of things than actual practice and there are a great many colleges/universities that continue to teach this way. So perhaps, Engineer.Saleh may have some of those initials and perhaps they were educated this way. Either way, who are you to say something about or comment about a persons moniker/handle?

Engineer.Saleh,

If you do a search at this site or google or yahoo with your keywords, you should find many examples in VB6 that for the most part should be able to be converted to VBA.

Good Luck

you misunderstand me. a college degree does not make an engineer. "straight out of college" means nothing to me, other than they jumped through hoops. "engineer" is a professional title.

hey guys, i think anyone can write a nick for whatever he/she wants anyway, there's no rule for writing a nick..LOL.. ;)

@Engineer.Saleh: what you mean find the serial number of the computer using excel VBA? if your buy a branded computer there must be a sticker there which indicate your computer serial number.

Engineer is also a degree...

hey guys, i think anyone can write a nick for whatever he/she wants anyway, there's no rule for writing a nick..LOL.. ;)

@Engineer.Saleh: what you mean find the serial number of the computer using excel VBA? if your buy a branded computer there must be a sticker there which indicate your computer serial number.

yes my dear , indeed you are correct but i need a VBA code.

-----------------------------
for those who commented on my nick name , to get out of the main subject. if you know just help other wise don't submit a google search.

if you know just help other wise don't submit a google search.

god forbid you actually take a basic thing like an excel macro with VBA and use the Excel help or Google.

:icon_rolleyes:

god forbid you actually take a basic thing like an excel macro with VBA and use the Excel help or Google.

:icon_rolleyes:

if it is so simple to you write the code down
if you don't know keep your mouth shut OK

if it is so simple to you write the code down
if you don't know keep your mouth shut OK

so tuff.

anyhow, i've already done it. just as an amusement for myself. it took me about 20 minutes, 10 of which was spent looking through Excel's Help files and, since i'm not a VBA person, a couple google queries on basic syntax

but if you think i'm going to tell you how to do it, you're smoking crack. how about you go and engineer yourself up a solution, mister engineer?

Children,... children, (myself included) tempers,... tempers (not myself included as I'm kind of giggling at these latests posts).

jephthah,

Perhaps, just perhaps, you might be able to help Engineer.Saleh by giving them a clue as to what keywords you used to search the help files or the web. Just a small point in the right direction.

Am I in the Childrens' Section?

Knowing the Serial Number of a computer or program does not help if you don't have the Original Cd Setup Disc, so why all the run around? What difference does it make?

I don't know how to do it either, but if you know how to programmatically reference the Registry then you will find it in there.

i think he's talking about the serial number of the pc not the windows product key..which i believe can be accessed only through the BIOS.. if ever manufacturer put that data on the BIOS.. :)

commented: you have too many posts and solved threads to have such a negative rep. you mustve pissed the wrong person off :) +10

Application.OperatingSystem
Application.OrganizationName

This one might do it
Application.ProductCode

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.