Hi,

I am developing one application in c#, where I have to manage file transfer between my applications. The applications can communicate sending strings to each other. The idea is to read file and put that in one string, which can be sent over the network using streams. Of course, the other side, should make a file from received string. I found some examples of doing that, but it seams that all process is going quite slow. If anyone have some expirences with this, or any other hint, they will be welcomed.

You can upload the file to server. Send filename and place to the other clients instead of sending file.
Then download file from server for all clienst. These approach is more efficient way. Because you want to send video,pdf v.s files to clients

Thanks for reply, but the application is written such it must use secured tunnel between each other and the only way of communication is string communication.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.