BillWebber 17 Newbie Poster

Hi I read that a vb.net application can make use of a .manifest file to allow the programs to get through the user account permissions when installing to ms Vista. I understand this code was offered for vb.net, does anyone know if the same thing can be applied to vb6, and if so how would I go about making this so. Here is the code offered in the article I read.
Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><asmv1:assembly manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" xmlns:asmv1="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" xmlns:asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">  <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" name="MyApplication.app"/>  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">    <security>      <requestedPrivileges xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">        <!-- UAC Manifest Options            If you want to change the Windows User Account Control level replace the             requestedExecutionLevel node with one of the following.        <requestedExecutionLevel  level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />        <requestedExecutionLevel  level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />        <requestedExecutionLevel  level="highestAvailable" uiAccess="false" />            If you want to utilize File and Registry Virtualization for backward             compatibility then delete the requestedExecutionLevel node.        -->        <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />      </requestedPrivileges>    </security>  </trustInfo></asmv1:assembly>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.