Hello every body,

I'm a student working on a project to test an anti-spam.....where I have to bomb one mailbox with many emails, I tried to use a mailbomber tool but the problem with this one is that it send one e-mail to many recipient ....what I want to do is to bomb one user with many emails which is stored in a folder....

so i thought to do a scritp for that since i'm a beginner in bash scripting and it's quite urgent ......could anyone help please to write a script which can read a folder where I have 2GB of email and start sending these mails to a mailbox in a mail server......

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kc0arf

I started to write this but it didn't work....does someone have an idea.........

#! /bin/bash
for i in folder-name/*
do mail test@mydomain.com < $i;
sleep5
done
exit 0

Hello,

We have to assume you have the best of intentions here.

If you have power over the box, you could write a crontab to have you send an email per minute x 24 x 7 and that will be a lot of emails.

Let it run over night.

You could also build something like majordomo, and have that one email be a list with that test message in there, and see if that does it for you.

See, we have to be careful about legitimate uses / ideas here. Email spamming is a large problem on the internet today, and we don't want to give too many ideas on how this is done.

Christian

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.