hi.
i'm new in C#.i'm writing an accounting program for an organization.
this program should have an ability to support 2 or 3 organization.
i mean someone who buys this software can use it for 2 or 3 organization.i think i have to copy my forms and empty DB to create new accounting program for new organization.what should i do for copying?(if it's not clear i will explain more)
thanks for your helping.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Use Setup wizard project to create an package for installation.

for distributing the project i know that i can use setup wizard.imagine that user who buys my software is a manager of 3 company.i want that user can use the software for all 3 companies.it means when user open software he/she should first choose the name of his/her company.now i want to know how can i create copy of program for 3 companies in one software pack.i heard sth about SMO .is it usable for my problem too?if yes,HOW?

for distributing the project i know that i can use setup wizard.imagine that user who buys my software is a manager of 3 company.i want that user can use the software for all 3 companies.it means when user open software he/she should first choose the name of his/her company.now i want to know how can i create copy of program for 3 companies in one software pack.i heard sth about SMO .is it usable for my problem too?if yes,HOW?

Why do you want to create a copy of the program? What the purpose of creating a copy

maybe someone who buys the software has 3 finantial companies that want to use this software for all 3 companies.it means i have an option that user can create new company for himself.when user choose that option the construction of copying forms and DBs will start. NOW my problem is how can i copy all forms and empty DB(without any Data).if there is sth unclear plz tell me to explain it.
thanks for your attention.

why don't you keep the same forms and db, add a companytable that has a companyID feild and all other details for that company, then in each table add a companyID that will represent each different company so when you bring data back you only bring back where that companyid = current company

if they want a copy of it they can run the .msi again, why do you have to copy for them? creating the database is different animal,
if it is ms sql server, you need additional information to contact the server to run those sql scripts to create database.

if they want a copy of it they can run the .msi again, why do you have to copy for them? creating the database is different animal,
if it is ms sql server, you need additional information to contact the server to run those sql scripts to create database.

as i told i'm new in C#.what ". msi" format contains?

.msi is the final file that is generated when you compile your setup project, i think you should research .net setup and deployment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.