so its been a verrrry long time since I messed around with vb. I am trying to make a program for my clan and here is a simple question I hope some one can answer. I am trying to make a button activate a radiobutton to checked if you press the button. If its already checked then to uncheck it. The code im using is sending my prog into a loop I think. Can i get some help code is as follows.. please try not to be harsh, this is the first time Ive used vb since late 90s. thank you guys.
Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Buttonflaga.Click
RadioButtonAsel.Refresh()
If RadioButtonAsel.Checked = False Then RadioButtonAsel.Checked = True

If RadioButtonAsel.Checked = True Then RadioButtonAsel.Checked = False
End Sub

also while Ive been playing around and trying to find an answer on my own, I figured maybe Ill just use a clear button. I have 3 buttons and 3 radiobuttons, can I have more than one raidobutton active? It looks great for a selected item. Im using the radio button to show that you have activated that button. If that makes any sense.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if you put radio/option buttons in one frame then only one can be active, you should use the checkbox for that
for an option button the property is
option1.value= true/false

if you put radio/option buttons in one frame then only one can be active, you should use the checkbox for that
for an option button the property is
option1.value= true/false

thank you so much. just playing around has started to bring out some old memories. Im loving it, and hating it, but thats the love :). and thank you so much for the solution. Is there any way I could pick your brain on a few other issues?

if i can

I just sent you a message, I would say we can do it there, so we dont clog the forums. Many forums dislike off subject topic. But one more problem here shouldnt hurt. It involves a counter. I have a count based on a video game. The video game is a shooter where you have to control 3 flags. for each flag you gain a point every 5 seconds. Im trying to make a program that can tell me if input a current score, how many flags i need to win and or can i win holding the x amount of flags I currently have. so i need a counter(s) that counts up in incriments of 1, ends at 200, but if a option is selected either count by x2 or x3 the point,(not times just 2 or 2 points per 5 seconds) i dont think the 5 seconds actaully matter cause i want it to instantly tell me. IE ( 150 to 150 ) 200 points to win, my team controls 2 of 3 flags, every 5 seconds i get 2 poitns and they get 1. I know Ill win that situation. Is there a way i can set counters up for that to see which one will reach 200 first and give me output?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.