hi there,

I am trying to learn how to generate xml document having the XSD file that describes the schema of the xml, and need to insert specific values for some of the elements, too.

then I need to parse other xml files,
I have googled about it, and many results showed up,
what is the better way to do it, what API are preferable,

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi there,

I am trying to learn how to generate xml document having the XSD file that describes the schema of the xml, and need to insert specific values for some of the elements, too.

then I need to parse other xml files,
I have googled about it, and many results showed up,
what is the better way to do it, what API are preferable,

Thanks in advance

I don't know how to generate xml based on schema but you can parse xml using XMLBeans. Download the related jar and read the specifications. It's very easy to use. All you have to do is to compile the schema using scomp command. XMLBean will automatically generate classes and interfaces based on the schema. You can fetch the values in xml file by using getter methods.
Hope it may help you.

Thanks for replying,
I was wondering does XMLBean allow me to insert values to the xml, according to there elements name!!
I am giving it a try,

Thanks again

Thanks for replying,
I was wondering does XMLBean allow me to insert values to the xml, according to there elements name!!
I am giving it a try,

Thanks again

I don't think that XMLBean have any api for inserting values to xml.
Anyway try it and do let me know.

sure I let you know , I am working on it

Hi Guys, I have just started working on the same topic, and interested in creating an applet which would create an XML file on submitting. The data should be stored in .xml file which I should be able to fetch on the same form, if required.

Please help...!!

Regards
Varun

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.