Hi
i am developing vb.net software. i have one problem ( The company have number of steels in different size on stock, one customer need 10 steels in different size how to cut the 10 steel from stock with minimum waste.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It's kind of hard to help you if you don't have a clear question:
>how to cut the 10 steel from stock with minimum waste.
Are you talking about robotics? Also, what does this have to do with your title: Calculation? Did you need to calculate something?

It's kind of hard to help you if you don't have a clear question:
>how to cut the 10 steel from stock with minimum waste.
Are you talking about robotics? Also, what does this have to do with your title: Calculation? Did you need to calculate something?

yes
i need to calculate one steel company process. the company have 10 quantity of steel in different size, the company going to sale 3 quantity of steel in different size. my question is how to cut 3 quantity of steel from stock(10 quantity)?

Hi!
For minimal wastage of steel I think you should consider area of the required steel against area of steel from the stock.

Regards,
iCreator

Give us an example of how your program would run. Give us an example of the output and input of the program. Saying "my question is how to cut 3 quantity of steel from stock(10 quantity)?" is way to vague.
I think you mean how big would 10 units of steel be when cut into 3. If that is the case, simply divide 10 by 3 and print the result.

Give us an example of how your program would run. Give us an example of the output and input of the program. Saying "my question is how to cut 3 quantity of steel from stock(10 quantity)?" is way to vague.
I think you mean how big would 10 units of steel be when cut into 3. If that is the case, simply divide 10 by 3 and print the result.

sorry

i need two dimensional cutting algorthm. because i have one 3000 X 2000 inch size steel, i need to cut three piece from this steel (100X 300, 200 X 100 and 500 X 600) how to do it?

Ahh, I get what you mean now. If you are cutting 100X300, 200X100 and 500X600 than no matter where you take the peices from, you'll always be taking 350000 inches^2 of steel and always have 5650000 inches of waist.

I'm guessing you want to do a tetris like thing to keep the 3000X2000 sheet as usable as possible. I don't think there is an effective solution to this except brute force.

Good luck :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.