sridhar_reddapa 0 Newbie Poster

The folloing question is my assaignment i never did network programming before after creating html page to access username and password how to read that information and can any one help me in writing cgi program for this assaignment

Write an Java applet or Java application that can be used to edit short notes, view, save and browse them through the Internet. With this Internet PostIt, one can jot down brief notes or messages anywhere via the Internet for the later use.
Write a client-side and server-side programs to allow a user to register to the Internet PostIt.

PART A: Registration Process

Write a web page (HTML) or Java program to allow a user to register server. The interface should at least includes a field to accept user name, a field to accept password and a submit button. Write a CGI program to verify user's password.
Only valid users are allowed to access Internet Post-It.
The following is an example of the interface but not limit to the format.

PART B:
Write an applet or a Java application that can be used to edit short notes, view, save and browse them through the Internet.

The program should be written as PostIt.java. The PostIt should have a GUI with at least:
a URL field to accept the URLs of your CGI program
a text input area to edit your message
a text view area to view all messages that have been stored in the server side.
a LOAD button that is able to load all messages that have been stored in the server. side.
a SEND button that is able to send your message to the server and save in the server.
s EXIT button to exit the PostIt.

The messages store in the server should include the date and time that the message created and the user name of the sender.
Server-side process should utilize CGI. You can use any scripting language, including UNIX shell scripting, Perl, PHP, C++ or Java for server-side programming.

Thanks to all
sridhar

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.