coming up in a week or so, I will be taking the AP Computer Science A Exam. I'm getting a little nervous about it. Has anyone ever taken this? What did you think about it? Anything in particular that I should really study up on? I have a book on it that I'm looking over in class and my teacher gave us a copy of the Marine Biology Case Study code that is part of the test... I just want to know what to expect from someone who has taken it before. Thanks for any help in advance!

-Nick Nisi

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by server_crash

I took the AP comp sci exam quite some years ago in C++. I don't remember much about it because I was incredibly sick when I took it with a high fever. I came into school just to take the test and I had to take it quarantined in my own classroom. All I remember is that it covered passing between functions, classes, some pointers, and not anything much more in depth.

I'm taking it too. I'm not worried about anything but the Marine Bio case study. I haven't even looked at it. :eek:

The marine bio case study doesn't seem too bad... I need to look at it a lot closer though

well, I just took the AP Computer Science A exam... It wasn't as hard as I had expected! :cool:

Yeah me too. I thought it was kind of easy. I took a few practice exams, and they were much harder than the real thing.

Ya, I took a bunch of practice tests too and thought they were all harder than the real thing... but I did get a little hung up on the Marine Biology free response question... probably because I didn't study the methods as much as I should have. But I thought it was pretty cool that we got to use that big reference book on that.

Ya, I took a bunch of practice tests too and thought they were all harder than the real thing... but I did get a little hung up on the Marine Biology free response question... probably because I didn't study the methods as much as I should have. But I thought it was pretty cool that we got to use that big reference book on that.

Same thing I got stuck on. I didn't read one page of the MBCS, so I thought I was screwed until I saw that little green book. But still, it didn't help me much!

Ya, even with the help of the reference book, I couldn't figure out how to correctly use the Location class...

Ya, even with the help of the reference book, I couldn't figure out how to correctly use the Location class...

Yeah, I had some long drawn out solution I know was probably wrong, but that thing was tough.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.