Hi,
The database on MS-Access is kept on one machine and i have to access it from another machine.. I have given the following connection string on the client machine. But still it is not accessible.
I have shared to Databse folder with full permissions...
But, still it is not accessible.. so what can i do.

public static string con = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\192.168.1.90\D:\Hospital Managment System\Database\HospitalMgt.mdb";

Regards,
Shailaja

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

UNC paths typically have a double backslash in front of them: \\hostname\share\file . Give that a shot.

UNC paths typically have a double backslash in front of them: \\hostname\share\file . Give that a shot.

Thanks,

public static string con = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\192.168.1.90\D:\Hospital Managment System\Database\HospitalMgt.mdb";

But it give Error

\\192.168.1.90\D:\Hospital Managment System\Database\HospitalMgt.mdb is not valid path.Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which machine the file resides

Databse folder kept in 192.168.1.90 this machine
how to access this database folder

It seems the "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security" component blocks connections to access databases with UNC paths. Try mapping a drive to the UNC path and using the mapped drive reference to open it.

commented: Thanks +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.