Hi guyz...

Can you help me in my problem??? I cant figure out the scheduling grid for hotel system,.. What i mean is "it is a grid that you can drag and assign a date to a particular room to reserved or book a room...."

can you help me guyz??? I'm a newbie programmer... Thanks guyz..., any source, websites , and idea is really appreciated...

Oscar resonable

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Wow, you still have a lot to go....

First draw up a diagram showing exactly what you want to do.

Then a diagram for your database, preferably as follow:
DateForBooking, DateForArrival, DateForBookingOut,RoomNumber, ValuePerDay/Night and so forth...

Then decide how are you going to keep track of every rooms booking. You can load all room numbers to a combobox, and then choose a room from there. Preferably only load rooms available at a certain date.

You then load client details (which is in a different table in your database) as well as pulling all data to your datagrid.

You can add a control/search form showing only rooms that are booked, empty rooms etc.

As I said above, draw up an action plan/diagram of what you want the app to do for you. Then build from there.

Is thia what you were looking for? Hope it helps.

thanks for the idea....

can you give me some source or an vb codes example... im using vb6 for front end and mysql for backend... thanks....

thats not what im looking for... i think you misunderstood what im trying to say... I need a grid that can drag. like this...

thats not what im looking for... i think you misunderstood what im trying to say... I need a grid that can drag. like this...

here I attached the sample of grid what Im looking for... maybe you can help to figure out this one.... thanks.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.