Greetings to all,

Thanks to all the readers, posters, and moderators for their assistance and guidance this past semester. I am, by no means or stretch of the imagination, a programmer. I majored in Information Systems and have a networking background, but my degree called for some programming exposure. I took a Java class because it was my last semester, and the only programming class I could work into my schedule.

A personal thanks go out to Narue and Server_Crash who were extremely helpful and patient with me as I committed the usual "boneheaded" errors and followed the usual newbie learning curve. During my practice and projects I would reach "frustration points" and get stuck with something in my code. This site and its members are a great resource that helped get me unstuck. I also appreciate the way they help those that show effort, and do not just blindly offer line after line of code to anyone who has a homework assignment. I learned a lot by writing my own code, but was able to get help with things like code syntax for a specific task (like how to do a cast, or how to write a for loop to list the elements in an array), or a better way to accomplish a function.

Thanks again for the help and encouragement that got me through the semester, and allowed me to FINALLY get my Bachelor's of Science degree at the ripe old age of 39.

Eternally Grateful,
Bud

A personal thanks go out to Narue and Server_Crash who were extremely helpful and patient with me as I committed the usual "boneheaded" errors and followed the usual newbie learning curve.

Your very welcome. We all have to start somewhere in learning programming, even if it means making the small mistakes. I thought you showed great effort in trying to solve the problems you did have, which will help in your success later on. Congratulations on completing your bachelors degree, it's definately an honor at any age. Well, I was glad I could help, and I wish you good luck.
server_crash.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.