Can any help me with this program??
Problem statement:
Develop and test a program to read the boot sector of a floppy disk, print the significant parameters therein, find the root directory and print its nonempty entries. You will need to use the BIOS system calls INT 13H, function 02H (Read a disk sector) and int 21H function 09H (output a string). You should not be using the open file, etc. system calls. :

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

We can, but you'll need to show some effort.

We can, but you'll need to show some effort.

I've done part of the program but I don't know how to locate the root directory. P.S. I'm just asking you don't have to help if you don't want to.

I've done part of the program but I don't know how to locate the root directory. P.S. I'm just asking you don't have to help if you don't want to.

I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I've been yelled at several times becaues "I gave them the answer",that's why I said that. Of course it's no big deal on my part to help.

So, you want to locate the root directory of the floppy disc right?

I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I've been yelled at several times becaues "I gave them the answer",that's why I said that. Of course it's no big deal on my part to help.

So, you want to locate the root directory of the floppy disc right?

Yes, I've tried with cylinder 0, head 0, with sector 1 but I'm still having problems.

Are you using JNI to do this? What was the error that it gave you? If you think what you did is suppose to work, then do some System.out.println() statements and hopefully that might tell you were something is going wrong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.