I really see a huge need at our workplace for interactive websites. I want to get to the point of creating websites that can interact with Databases and pull data out as reports as well as input data via a website.

I've looked at using Linux Apache and MySQL python. Only issue is I can never get MySQL to play nicely with Apache and of course getting help sort of sucks. When I post a question it seems I get a lot of various answers from people that are about as clueless as I am.

So, I've moved over to Windows 7, I've got the book Visual Webdeveloper 2008 Express Edition and the software.

I've also got Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition

What the heck is the difference in these two? I see I have a lot more stuff in the team developer. I think I'm suffering information over load.

Should I stick with the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and get comfortable with that and then move over to the other??

Thanks for taking the time to read this long diatribe :)

Doug

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You get more tools, features and third party component support with the full blown version of Visual Studio (Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition). Just read down the feature checklist and see if the free version does what you want. I have never used Visual Webdeveloper so I couldn't give you an honest opinion of it. This is a cost v. benefit equation. If your company has the money then go for the full blown version.

Cool, we have the money so I guess I'll go for all the bells and whistles.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.