You can make a os in vb. But a os need's medim or high level coding e.g c++ or c I'm am working on a os in vb it is going pretty good I have the main menu sorted out the log in nd user and login and shutdown and all of those things I am now working on networking and display. Next I will be working on multi tasking I need to find out how do you add a label to my tool strip on the bottom where start is on windows has it. And then I will start working on booting and all of the program's

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The job you are doing is really appreciable.
All the best for your job.

Is there an actual question in there? As for creating an OS in VB,... Not happening! For creating an interface to an OS, well that sounds exactly like what you are doing...

I need to find out how do you add a label to my tool strip on the bottom where start is on windows has it. And then I will start working on booting and all of the program's

I guess you actually mean "StatusBar Control"...
Add components :Microsoft Windows Common Controls..
(Just check the version from available list, not sure..)

Regards
Veena

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.