Could any one help me? :sad:

I am a beginner in Visual basic. I recenly was testing one of the applications I developed and have a problem to run it.

The application basicly is a database that I can add/remove/update...etc records and it uses a microsoft access database to connect to.

I have no problems in running it using visual basic but when I compile it and try to install it on a different computer that uses (Win ME operating system), the following error is generated:
------------------------------------------------
713 - Class not registered.
Looking for object with CLSID:{59245250-7A2F-11D0-9482-00A0C91110ED}
The PC that I used to compile the appliction had Ms Access installed in it. but the Win ME computer doesn't have Ms Access installed!
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I think it is somethig to do with dependency files that was probably not compiled in VB.
Could any body help me understand or let me know what/where I can find dependency files for my application to work

Thank you for your Help

Regards
Khaled

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by peter_budo

you need to download or copy over MSBIND.DLL to the target comptuer.
place it in your \Windows\System32 folder

then you need to register the dll file
start > run > Regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msbind.dll

Thanks BinaryMayhem

The application works properly now

Thanks

Khaled

:mrgreen:

I am a beginner in Visual basic. I recenly was testing one of the applications I developed and have a problem to run it.

The application basicly is a database that I can add/remove/update...etc records and it uses a microsoft access database to connect to.

I have no problems in running it using visual basic but when I compile it and try to install it on a different computer
how I do that to make the app to run on other computer
The PC that I used to compile the appliction in vb6 & Ms Access installed in it. but end side the computer doesn't have Ms Access/vb6 installed!
some one say to make the setup files and install on end side nut no one`s how i make the setup/.exe file use vb6
p help me

I have no problems in running it using visual basic but when I compile it and try to install it on a different computer
how I do that to make the app to run on other computer
The PC that I used to compile the appliction in vb6 & Ms Access installed in it. but end side the computer doesn't have Ms Access/vb6 installed!
some one say to make the setup files and install on end side nut no one`s how i make the setup/.exe file use vb6
p help me

ur query is already answered in the post "Problem in running application on another computer". so go and find it out.

dear Mr. khalid

assalamu alikum

U need to create a setup program using package & deployment wizard of VB and then install it on other computer.
hope it will help U

Bashir Ahmad

@Parthmodi you just re-opened ages old thread, which is bad idea. Please create new thread and as your question there with proper problem description not like above one.

@Bashir ahmad it is always good idea to look on the date of original post so you do not get embarrassed for replying to 6 years old post.

Thread closed

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.