Hello.

Somehow i managed that my program works with access databse located on my computer:
con.ConnectionString = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source = C:\Documents and Settings\company.mdb"

Now i would like that program will open the database company.mdb from my web page exp. www.page.com/company.mdb

Can you suggest how?

THX

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

vb5prgrmr,
I can't find any help of connecting ADO with an Access database over internet in the site you point.

Is there a way to connect VB6 application, using ADO, in format "http://server.com/Access.mdb" instead of "C:\" or any other local destination?
I try it here and get an error...

Regards,

Sidnei

I believe you have to specify the ip address, the port, and the path or the fully qualified url/path to the mdb. I know it can be done with SQL server but SQL server has an advantage over Access in that it runs as a service while Access does not. If that does not work, you could always create an ASP application that does the work for you and with VB you could read that output or upgrade to SQL Server Express.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.