Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to select areas of an image in VB .NET 2008, kind of like how you can select areas of your desktop in Windows Systems(kind of like http://i49.tinypic.com/29y5cok.jpg).

I've searched and searched for ways to do this, but I can't figure out how to draw something like that along with your mouse. I've thought of just having the user put a form over the wanted object, but I don't think that's a very good idea, and it seemed rather amateurish after I finished making it, so I just deleted it. Thank you for any tips you may have. The only code I'd have to offer is my former idea, I don't think it's necessary, but I'll post it if I have to.

Alright, I solved this problem already, but now I'm trying to figure out how to upload via multipart/form-data POST. I need to have the cropped out image uploaded to a web server that uses multipart. I can't figure out the correct procedure, and I've done it in Python before. Any help for this new problem would be great, thanks.

Alright, I solved this problem already...

I also need something similar that you have because I have a user selecting a portion of the image, that i loaded, that I need to analyze and it works great now but I would like to include the indicator of the selection to make it look more professional and let the user see exactly what he is selecting. Something like the "running ants" would also work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.