Ok so I have this program and Im using 2 functions that both use "buffer" to move the images to the front screen. Well I used create_bitmap(800,600) to make the buffer, but im using that in both functions so, they both are diffrent buffers! So when I run the program it flashes back in forth between both, and I want it to use ONLY ONE BUFFER! So, I decided to make a global buffer. Well. It wont accpt. making a new bitmap as a global. Im stuck and I really need help! I want 2 functions that in no possible way can I make one to run off of one global buffer! Is there any way to make a global buffer, or make a buffer in the main be able to send out to all of my functions.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you need to deleate a buffer or uninstall it from the system good luck

Ok so I have this program and Im using 2 functions that both use "buffer" to move the images to the front screen. Well I used create_bitmap(800,600) to make the buffer, but im using that in both functions so, they both are diffrent buffers! So when I run the program it flashes back in forth between both, and I want it to use ONLY ONE BUFFER! So, I decided to make a global buffer. Well. It wont accpt. making a new bitmap as a global. Im stuck and I really need help! I want 2 functions that in no possible way can I make one to run off of one global buffer! Is there any way to make a global buffer, or make a buffer in the main be able to send out to all of my functions.

I'm not familiar with that function, but I'll assume it's this. If so, are you passing the pointer as a parameter to each function?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.