Hello
I need ideas of how to create my project.
I am supposed to create a map and shows description of each cities. So i have put buttons on each cities on the map and when the user clicks on a certain city he/she should see the description of it on another form.

I want to use only one form to show the description of each cities by changing the labels control. Also the descriptions are in a text file.

Do you have any idea of how i can do that.
Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Well,... You are going to have to map (no pun intended), the x/y cordinates of the form/image control/picture box to the cities displayed and if you have more than one map, your going to need more than one set of coordinates.

Now, I have a suggestion for you on your interface design. To let the user know that there is some information available when the mouse hovers over one of the cities, I would suggest you change it to the same icon as when you are hovering over a link in IE...

Good Luck

Hi,
Here is what i believe my perfect help for you. I have specially made this project to help you. If this is helpful. Please Rate my post.

Thanks

Hi,
Here is what i believe my perfect help for you. I have specially made this project to help you. If this is helpful. Please Rate my post.

Thanks

hello
Did you use visual basic to do it?. Because i have difficulty to open it.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks

hello
Did you use visual basic to do it?. Because i have difficulty to open it.

Thank you

Hi london-G,
Yeah I used VB6 to program that map. By the way did you Extract before using?

Thanks

Thank you!
Your program is really cool!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.