hey,
to start with heres the backdrop;
me and a friend from school have a year to create a fully working web browser and for this i think C++ would be best.
heres where i need help, i have no experience with C++ and i need to learn it from near-scratch.
so what steps should i take and how should i start it?
should i sit and learn C++ first or learn as i progress?
what programs should i use as a compiler and to write the code?
what engine should i use?

how do i incorporate all this into a program?
what other advice can you give?

hey,
to start with heres the backdrop;
me and a friend from school have a year to create a fully working web browser and for this i think C++ would be best.
heres where i need help, i have no experience with C++ and i need to learn it from near-scratch.
so what steps should i take and how should i start it?
should i sit and learn C++ first or learn as i progress?
what programs should i use as a compiler and to write the code?
what engine should i use?

Why not start with something simpler like writing an operating system? :P

Comments
FTW

When you have 1 year time for this i guess someone wants you tod o this project.
So im guessing as well you have some programming experience.
Why dont you try a language you´re familiar with? Check maybe in the internet if its possible with these languages you already know to create a web browser, so you don´t neet to start from scratch.

And to start with, i personaly would try to get informations how explorer, firefox,google chrome or safari was created.

I've been studying C++ and programming for about a year. I know I am not capable of building a web browser yet. The only GUI I ever get to use for programming is the command prompt. Looking forward to the day they teach us about graphics though.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.