# File: Manager.py

from Tkinter import *

class Manager:

def choose(self,master):
	tasksf=Frame(master)
	tasksf.grid(row=1,column=0,padx=3,pady=3)	

Label(tasksf, text="Task ID:").grid(row=0,column=0,padx=3,pady=3)
	Label(tasksf, text="Description:").grid(row=1,column=0,padx=3,pady=3)
	Label(tasksf, text="Start Date:").grid(row=2,column=0,padx=3,pady=3)
	Label(tasksf, text="Deadline:").grid(row=3,column=0,padx=3,pady=3)

self.tid=Entry(tasksf)
	self.tdesc=Entry(tasksf,width=25)
	self.tstart=Entry(tasksf)
	self.tdead=Entry(tasksf)
	self.tid.grid(row=0,column=1,padx=15,pady=5,sticky=W)
	self.tdesc.grid(row=1,column=1,padx=15,pady=5,sticky=W)
	self.tstart.grid(row=2,column=1,padx=15,pady=5,sticky=W)
	self.tdead.grid(row=3,column=1,padx=15,pady=5,sticky=W)

def asdfg(self,master):
	print "dsgsfd ",v

def __init__(self,master):
	master.title("Manager")
	menuf=Frame(master)

v = IntVar()
	Radiobutton(menuf, text="Tasks", variable=v,indicatoron=0, value=11,command=self.choose(master)).grid(row=0,column=0,padx=5,pady=5,ipadx=5,ipady=5)
	Radiobutton(menuf, text="Meeting", variable=v,indicatoron=0, value=22,command=self.asdfg(master)).grid(row=0,column=1,padx=5,pady=5,ipadx=5,ipady=5)
	Radiobutton(menuf, text="Profiles", variable=v,indicatoron=0, value=33,command=self.asdfg(master)).grid(row=0,column=2,padx=5,pady=5,ipadx=5,ipady=5)
	menuf.grid(row=0,column=0,padx=3,pady=3)

print "var ",v

# def validate(self):

root = Tk()
app = Manager(root)
root.mainloop()

Hi,
I am quite new to python and am having some problem with it regarding the GUI portion. I am using TkInter module for the GUI. I am using it for a project. When you run the above the program you get to see a entire frame at one go, whereas what i am trying for is that the "tasks" button is pressed, the textboxes nad labels appear in a different frame connected to current frame. I used the 'command' option for callback function but it seems to running like a normal function with 'textboxes' frame showing before the "tasks" button is pressed.

The 'print' statements were for debugging purpose only but to no avail..

Please Help
Thanks

You have two problems:
1. Your code is all over the place
2. Your binding everything to the same window.

1. With your class, you should call root = Tk() inside the __init__ function, this also means that root.mainloop() should go at the end of the __init__ function. Also, I would recommend reordering the code in a more logical order. Because all your functions are in a class, you can ignore the problem of having to declare a function before calling it.

2. You are using two frames, but they are on the same window - root. They will automatically be combined and placed inside the same window. If you want them to be seperate, I suggest having either a second full class (with __init__ function) or a seperate function. Within this, you should call root = Tk() again, to create another window. It may not be exactly what you want, but it'll do for now.

I am making a series of Python and Tkinter tutorials on youtube, including one of the use of classes. Here is my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/pyProgrammer96

I hope this helps. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.